Thursday, January 22, 2009

Baby is kicking--I think.

Josh and I have found something new to get excited over: we can feel Emmeline kick now! Well, at least we think we can. It's very possible that we're "oohing" and "awwing" over a gas bubble or a muscle spasm. But, considering the fact that these mysterious little interruptions are occurring more and more often, and always in the same general area of my belly, I've decided it must be our future Rockette practicing her eye-high kicks.

I get to feel her kick more than Josh, which I think made him a little bit jealous at first, but then one night he was talking to her and she kicked him a couple of times, and he was over the moon about that. Also, little Emmeline's favorite time of day is first thing in the morning, apparently. The alarm goes off around 6:30 am, and then it's like a mini version of A Chorus Line until I get up to take a shower. I guess Josh and I should start bracing ourselves for life with a morning person.

8 comments:

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Life with a morning person.
Ha.
Ha.
Ha.

(I know MaMa will chime in here with a quote about "you never pay for your raising....")

Love you!

Josh Krebs said...

Great. A morning person. I'll just have to learn to care for a baby in my sleep.

Alyssa K. Krebs said...

YAY! How exciting! Aren't babies all kind of morning people at first? I mean all the do is eat, sleep, you know what, and make faces at you. Don't get me wrong. I ABSOLUTELY love babies. All ages, all sizes, I love 'em. In fact I love kids of any age! I have a question, Do you and Josh sing to Emmeline? Or do you just talk to her? Also are we going to be allowed any sort of nicknames for Emmeline?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe that quote would be most appropriate here---"You don't pay for raising til you have children of your own." lol Being active is a good sign..... More quotes to come later. lol

We love you, Mawmaw

Taras and Kelly said...

Oh, I'm sure this is just one of the surprises on the way from little Emmeline. She'll be more than a morning person...she'll be a dancer/singer/princess/drama queen sort of morning person. And she won't even need coffee!

On the other hand, she could be practicing to kick the snooze button on that evil alarm clock!

Taras and Kelly said...

By the way, Josh, I'm sure you can manage. After all, Daddy's been doing it for 26 years now!

Although, there was that time when Daddy got up to feed me early in the morning and then Mama woke up and found my bottle in the crib...

...thankfully I was in the playpen and not the refrigerator! :o)

Bethany Grace Krebs said...

:D So exciting! She will be Emmeline, and I am positive you might like to get some sleep, but you will be too happy to let it bother you that much. :) At least, thats what Mama said, and I have to say I agree with her... of my own free will of course. :) Haha, I also agree with Kelly, on both comments. Tell Emmeline we all love her! Only, what, 119 days are so? Can't wait!
P.S. Tell my brother I love him, I can't really comment on his blog, he never says anything. Love you!

EuroMom said...

Love the new blog look and new title...it is a new title, isn't it? Just wait...the kicking will increase! It is about the only thing I miss about being pregnant.