Thursday, July 23, 2009

She's Irresistible!


Josh sent me this picture at work yesterday. It's from Emmie's afternoon nap. She loves silky things. She loves to rub her face in them (this includes--in addition to the blanket pictured--a pair of Mommy's silky pajama pants, and the underside of her lovey). Is this girl a princess, or what? She has very cultivated tastes for an 11 week old. I'm looking forward to mommy-daughter spa days when she gets older.

I'm going to have to get a picture of her doing her new favorite sport: walking. No, not on her own (she may be a genius, but she's not THAT advanced!). She gets so excited when you stand her up, and she loves to try and take steps. I love watching her wobble around on those little bowlegs while she tries to figure out what to do with her feet. She always has the most excited look on her face when we help her stand up. I'm pretty sure we have an independent, strong-willed daughter. I don't know where she could have gotten that from! I'm thankful for it though--it might make disciplining hard later on, but if she keeps this attitude up, she can conquer anything she sets her mind too!

She also has discovered the television, and she is fascinated. Her favorite thing to watch is Enchanted. I think she likes the songs, and the bright colors. Apparently this morning her daddy leaned down to kiss her and got in the way of her movie, and she was quite put out. The other night she was watching the Wiggles during her tummy time. We turned it off so she could skype with her grandmommy, and she was not happy about it! I guess she's ready for Baby Einstein dvds now. Might be easier on our ears, too! No offense to the Wiggles, but "the Beatles for kids"? I'm just not seeing--or hearing--it. Enchanted, I don't mind so much though.
Two posts in one week? My readers might get spoiled.

1 comment:

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

I have never heard the Wiggles. Heard of them, but never heard them. I'm such an old fogey that I'd hunt down a Raffi CD if I were you. Hard to beat Baby Beluga :-)

Guess who came into the Homeschool Store today? A little 5 year old dressed in a princess costume. She probably liked her pink fuzzy blankie when she was little too.

Yes, this reader is feeling a little spoiled. I can handle it. Really!