Friday, October 3, 2008

Lessons Learned at the Flea Market

I am a baby flea market shopper...we went last Saturday, and I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into. Yes, it was a very educational experience.
Lesson one: make sure you're dressed for the weather. Wearing jeans when it's 90 degrees out does not make a happy shopper.
Lesson two: Eat lunch before you go, or arrive early in the morning, and eat early. Josh stood in line for twenty minutes just to buy me one hotdog (it was an excellent hot dog though...hmm, now I want another one).
Lesson three: know what you're looking for. I mean, really know what you're looking for. I had a pretty vague idea, but next time I go, I'm going to walk in there looking for one thing, and that's it.
Lesson four: If you aren't dressed for the weather, didn't eat before you left, and don't know what you're looking for, then make sure you're shopping buddy is very patient and prepared to listen to lots of complaining.
We did have a succesful trip though. Aside from the excellent hotdog (which makes me want to visit James Coney Island) we found a dresser. We found the dresser on our way out to the car, after we had given everything up as junk. It's just like my Mom used to say, "You always find something in the last place you look." So true, Mom.
Was this post boring to you? Go buy me a polish hot dog and cheese fries (with hot sauce on top!) and I'll try to be more interesting next time.
Here's a picture of our dresser (it's blue right now, but it's getting repainted. We're not blue people.)


6 comments:

Josh Krebs said...

No, we're not blue people. They live in Kentucky.

Alyssa K. Krebs said...

(Insert sarastic laugh here) very funny Josh. Just remember that we used to live in Kentucky and still have friends there. As for being blue people. I am a very very blue kind of girl. 99% of my clothing is blue or has blue in it. But I am not sure that having a blue dresser would suit any of us! As for the Farmers Market, I know exactly how you feel. Once Mama took all of us kids to "Stop by and look." Famous last words of her's considering the fact that we spent a good two and a half hours there. Glad you had fun though!

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Josh, you beat me to it!

Katie, none of your posts are boring! I had no idea I spoke such pearls of wisdom (and that you remembered them.)

Did I ever tell you the story of what Dad & I ate when we arrived at Coronado Island for our honeymoon? It was almost midnight and the restaurants were closed. We found an open deli and ate hot dogs (with our complimentary bottle of champagne of course!).
"Frank"ly, there's nothing like a good hot dog when you're starving is there? :-)

Kelly said...

"It's just like my Mom used to say, 'You always find something in the last place you look.'"

Very true, indeed. After all, why would you look anywhere else if you've already found what you're looking for? :)

Kelly said...

Speaking of furniture...any luck with the couch?

Kelly said...

(P.S. Sorry for the confusion/miscommunication about the picnic yesterday. Next time we'll plan ahead better. We missed you.)