Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I have a dream...

I had a dream actually.

I think having strange dreams about the birth of your child must come with the territory of being pregnant, because I still remember a dream my mom told me about when she was pregnant with Kevin. She dreamed she gave birth to a baby that was fully dressed and talking to her. Now I guess it's my turn to have weird dreams.

I dreamed Josh and I were at the hospital, and we had just had our baby, and they brought it to us, but the baby they brought us wasn't our baby. We knew it was the wrong one because it had teeth--but not just any teeth. It had a full set of adult teeth. We tried to explain to the doctors that it wasn't our baby because it had teeth, but all they said was, "well, even if it isn't yours, it would take months to switch the babies back." So, we were stuck with it.

I'm pretty sure that the image of an infant with a mouth full of ferocious chompers will haunt me for a while.

5 comments:

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Oh sweetheart, must I remind you? You got your first tooth at 3 months old. THREE MONTHS! If it weren't for the fact that you were bald as a billiard ball, you would have looked all grown up too!

There's no dream like a pregnant dream!

EuroMom said...

3 months? That is early. Wow, Katie, you are advanced!

If that little baby needs his or her teeth cleaned, I will be happy to do it!

Josh Krebs said...

Well, I am sure that Vanderbilt is very good about giving people the correct baby...so chances are tht if they give us one with lots of hair and teeth then it actually is ours.

Katie Krebs said...

weird...I got my first tooth at three months and I was in my third month of pregnancy when I had a dream about teeth. Is this a sign?

Alyssa K. Krebs said...

Wow. Well since I am only 15 and am NOT going to get pregnant for a while I was unaware of the whole dream thing. But what I can't beleive is the fact that you had a tooth at threee months!